Cellulite affects the majority of women after the age of 30 and many media publish inaccurate or irrelevant advice on how to reduce it, such as body brushing, rubbing coffee beans on the thighs or wearing special trainers…
Now we are sharing our 12 top tips on how to prevent and reduce cellulite naturally, based on our 16-year experience in treating cellulite:
- Take up interval training: Interval running, swimming and cycling boosts metabolism and changes the body's biochemistry more than any other type of exercise
- Take to the hills: Uphill - downhill walking is an excellent, mild on the knees, form of interval training, which allows you to enjoy nature while you tone up and burn fat
- Juice is the word: Vegetable juices contain highly concentrated plant chemicals, most of which fight cellulite, with almost no calories
- Good vibrations: Vibration plate training stimulates skin firming and circulation and thereby fights cellulite
- Eat some protein: Skin is made of protein and the fact is that most women do not have enough protein today, leading to skin looseness and cellulite
- Take up kneading: Kneading massage movements alternated by long upward strokes improve poor circulation and help break down fibrous tissue, both important aspects of cellulite
- Get some help from mother nature: Several plant extracts and nutrients are proven to help fight multiple aspects of cellulite, including escin (from horse chestnut), asiatic acid (from gotu kola), caffeine, forskolin (from coleus), ascorbic acid and retinol, among many others. Creams with high concentrations of those extracts can offer valuable help in the fight against cellulite. Our Celluence® creams contain a total of 40x natural actives, in high concentrations, for maximum results.
- Lose the sugar: Sugar is the number one cause of cellulite today and it is not good for the rest of your body either. Eliminate sugar, agave syrup, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and honey to help prevent cellulite.
- Discover decaf: Decaffeinated tea, green tea and coffee, as well as cocoa, contain high amounts of polyphenols which help fight cellulite without the burden of oral caffeine consumption (localised caffeine application if fine)
- Move your legs: Inactivity is a major cause of cellulite and can turn nice, firm, smooth skin into a mushy, bumpy look in just a few months. Try to go for a walk at lunchtime, take up dancing and undo the damage office works causes by hitting the gym, the pool or the road with your trainers, after work.
- Lose the "pill": Hormonal contraception is one of the top three causes of cellulite today, together with inactivity and sugar intake. Excess estrogen, contained in the pill, boosts superficial fat accumulation and cellulite on the thighs.
- Get some help from technology: Radiofrequency and ultrasound cavitation are two technologies proven to lead to adipocyte apoptosis. i.e. the removal of fat cells from the area they are applied. Furthermore, monopolar radiofrequency is widely established as the strongest skin firming technology known today. Our Meso-CRF® treatment combines these technologies with electro-mesotherapy and 40x natural anti-cellulite actives, for maximum results.